[Development] Blurring the lines between Qt-Project and Digia

Knoll Lars Lars.Knoll at digia.com
Mon Oct 8 15:15:28 CEST 2012

On Oct 1, 2012, at 3:09 PM, Stephen Kelly <stephen.kelly at kdab.com> wrote:

> On Monday, October 01, 2012 12:42:36 you wrote:
>> Hi Stephen,
>>
>> Fully agree with you. However this wasn't in any way by intention.
>
> Hi Lars,
>
> That's great. Thanks for the prompt response and clarification.
>
>> Here's
>> what I been told happened:
>
>> The reason here is that the YouTube “Qt Studios” account was (isn’t anymore)
>> linked to the Qt Project Twitter account.
>
> If the QtStudios youtube account is to be used for Digia promotional videos
> from now on instead of for Qt-Project purposes, then it likely shouldn't be
> linked from the http://qt-project.org/ page on the bottom left (it is
> currently).

So far Qt Studio has been *the* place for Qt videos, independent of whether they were made for Qt commercial or Nokia or anybody else. I can't see a problem with having these videos there. The more we have, the better for Qt IMO.

> I would also find QtCommercialStudios or similar a more apt name for the Digia
> promotional videos youtube account.
>
> As a separate fact, I find it surprising to repurpose the youtube account like
> that. Is anything preventing the repurposing of the twitter or other accounts
> similarly?

I can't see how it has been repurposed. The fact that Digia uploaded some of their video material there is IMO not a problem. There are just as many videos promoting Nokia's Qt usage there, as well as some content relating to e.g. ICS or froglogic.

Cheers,
Lars