[Development] Blurring the lines between Qt-Project and Digia

Stephen Kelly stephen.kelly at kdab.com
Mon Oct 1 15:09:35 CEST 2012

On Monday, October 01, 2012 12:42:36 you wrote:
> Hi Stephen,
>
> Fully agree with you. However this wasn't in any way by intention.

Hi Lars,

That's great. Thanks for the prompt response and clarification.

> Here's
> what I been told happened:

> The reason here is that the YouTube “Qt Studios” account was (isn’t anymore)
> linked to the Qt Project Twitter account.

If the QtStudios youtube account is to be used for Digia promotional videos
from now on instead of for Qt-Project purposes, then it likely shouldn't be
linked from the http://qt-project.org/ page on the bottom left (it is
currently).

I would also find QtCommercialStudios or similar a more apt name for the Digia
promotional videos youtube account.

As a separate fact, I find it surprising to repurpose the youtube account like
that. Is anything preventing the repurposing of the twitter or other accounts
similarly?

Thanks,

--
Stephen Kelly <stephen.kelly at kdab.com> | Software Engineer