[Development] QThread usage/guidance

Tony Van Eerd tvaneerd at rim.com
Wed Oct 10 19:58:21 CEST 2012

Note that I'm trying to delete the Worker object, not the QThread.
And, from the example the Worker lives on the "child" thread.

So if finished() somehow was sent from the parent thread (ie via the queue), then queue-connected to deleteLater() back to the child thread, I can imagine the child thread would be long gone, and thus the deleteLater() will never happen.

I can't imagine the child thread somehow *waiting* on the "result" of finished() on the main thread, and then seeing if it caused any slots to be queued on its child thread.  That would be a recipe for easy dead-lock, I think.

Tony