[Development] Summary of renaming changes

Ziller Eike Eike.Ziller at digia.com
Thu Oct 18 19:57:01 CEST 2012

On 18.10.2012, at 18:47, Giuseppe D'Angelo wrote:

> On 18 October 2012 16:30, Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com> wrote:
>>
>> The following tools require more information:
>>        qdoc: not renamed because the Qt 4 version was called "qdoc3"
>>        qhelpgenerator, qcollectiongenerator, qhelpconverter: they apparently
>>        keep backwards compatibility, so they should replace the Qt 4 versions
>>        qglinfo: new tool from qt3d
>
> I would add "5" everywhere for consistency...
>
>> The following are user applications and they have not and will not be renamed:
>>        qdbus
>>        qdbusviewer
>>        assistant
>>        designer
>>        linguist
>>        creator
>>        pixeltool
>
> I would remove creator from this list as it's a different ""product""
> and comes with its own versioning and release cycle -- are all of
> those 100% compatible with Qt 4? (First thing that comes to mind is
> that designer loads plugins...). Otherwise, I would rename them as
> well to enable coinstallation.

Distributors can use whatever Qt version (in some limits) they want to compile Qt Creator.
Afaik the integrated designer loads plugins from where ever the Qt that compiled it (+qt.config etc) tells it to find them.

--
Eike Ziller, Senior Software Engineer - Digia, Qt
Geschäftsführer: Mika Pälsi, Juha Varelius, Anja Wasenius