[Development] renaming all QWindow properties that have "window" in them

Shawn Rutledge shawn.t.rutledge at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 22:18:25 CEST 2012

On 19 October 2012 21:56, Oswald Buddenhagen
<oswald.buddenhagen at digia.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 04:46:01PM +0000, Rutledge Shawn wrote:
>> QWindow has properties like windowTitle, windowIcon, windowModality, windowState and so on, which are named that way to be familiar to users of QWidget.
>>
> correct. http://doc.qt.digia.com/qq/qq13-apis.html#theartofnaming ,
> "general naming rules".
>
> i don't see why this shouldn't apply equally to qml. if it poses a
> problem in a particular case, it is most likely indicative of a serious
> API issue.

So pos is bad because it's abbreviated.  And I suspect we may have
problems with renaming windowState to state, because in QML that
usually refers to the state-machine state (driving animated
transitions etc.)  Should we be inconsistent and leave that one as
windowState then?