[Development] QT5 and cmake

Tobias Widlund widlundtobias at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 21:46:22 CEST 2012

Hey
I tried to get Qt5 installed on windows7 for using in my project with
cmake.
I installed the binary packages of the qt5 beta for windows and installed
it. I proceeded to try to configure with my cmakelists.txt, following this
guide: http://doc-snapshot.qt-project.org/5.0/cmake-manual.html
I am getting these errors:

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:16 (find_package):
  By not providing "FindQt5Widgets.cmake" in CMAKE_MODULE_PATH this project
  has asked CMake to find a package configuration file provided by
  "Qt5Widgets", but CMake did not find one.

  Could not find a package configuration file provided by "Qt5Widgets" with
  any of the following names:

    Qt5WidgetsConfig.cmake
    qt5widgets-config.cmake

  Add the installation prefix of "Qt5Widgets" to CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH or set
  "Qt5Widgets_DIR" to a directory containing one of the above files.

According to the guide, I have to set CMake variables so that it can find
those .cmake files, but a quick search in my qt5 directory tells me that
there are no such files. The only even remotely similar files
are: Qt5LinguistToolsConfig.cmake  Qt5LinguistToolsMacros.cmake
 Qt5CTestMacros.cmake

How am I meant to go about the installation?
Thanks