[Development] Heads up for Windows devs: ANGLE landing soon

Jason Barron jason.barron at outlook.com
Thu Oct 25 11:40:23 CEST 2012

> Sounds great!
> But I thought it should only work with mingw-w64 (support directx9),
> not mingw.org<http://mingw.org>, that right?

That's correct. I'll make sure the documentation is up-to-date on that point. Myself and Kai have it working using the MinGW-Builds flavor of MinGw which as I understand, uses the compiler from mingw.org, but the CRT and WinAPI from mingw-w64. There is some investigation going on about which version of MinGW we should include in the SDK. You can see some of the details here:

http://qt-project.org/wiki/MinGW-64-bit

Jason