[Development] Heads up for Windows devs: ANGLE landing soon

Koehne Kai Kai.Koehne at digia.com
Thu Oct 25 11:59:23 CEST 2012

I'm pretty sure that the compiler e.g. in mingw-builds is just a stock gcc.

> There is some investigation going on about which
> version of MinGW we should include in the SDK. You can see some of the
> details here:
>
> http://qt-project.org/wiki/MinGW-64-bit

I agree with Jason: I think ANGLE is yet another (strong) reason to go for MinGW-w64 based distribution. I'd personally recommend MinGW-builds, since this is the one most active people here in Qt are working with :)

IMO we should keep Qt 5.0 compiling with Mingw.org (4.7 gcc), but not endorse it any more.

My 2 cents,

Kai