[Development] Cleanup of QCoreApplication::watchUnixSignal

shane.kearns at accenture.com shane.kearns at accenture.com
Thu Oct 25 16:58:44 CEST 2012

The overhead is tiny (two integer comparisons) when it is not being used.

Crash reporting is not a valid use case (since behaviour is undefined after returning from the signal handler)
The most reasonable use case would be handling SIGHUP and SIGTERM, to save state and shut down the process cleanly.

This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain privileged, proprietary, or otherwise private information. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original. Any other use of the e-mail by you is prohibited.

Where allowed by local law, electronic communications with Accenture and its affiliates, including e-mail and instant messaging (including content), may be scanned by our systems for the purposes of information security and assessment of internal compliance with Accenture policy.