[Development] Qt5 build problems and bug reporting procedure

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Fri Oct 26 04:37:23 CEST 2012

On quinta-feira, 25 de outubro de 2012 20.38.45, Geoffrey Gowey wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I'm trying to compile Qt5 on Solaris 11 and am running in to bugs.  I don't
> mind mopping up Solaris compile issues on Qt4 and Qt5, but a question about
> procedure: should I continue to post my build issues to the mailing list or
> just open tickets on Jira only?

You can open them on JIRA, but they won't be fixed since no one else has
Solaris. At least, no one has publicly claimed to.

> -I/home/gjgowey/qt5/qtbase/mkspecs/solaris-cc-64

> configure parameters:
>  -platform solaris-cc-64 -opensource -plugin-sql-psql -plugin-sql-mysql
> -optimized-qmake -system-sqlite -continue

I believe solaris-cc and solaris-cc-64 simply do not work. The default from
the Solaris compiler is the RogueWave Standard C++ Library, which is not
conformant with C++98.

Try using solaris-cc-64-stlport.

Support for RW will not be accepted.