[Development] New maintainers

Samuel Rødal samuel.rodal at digia.com
Fri Oct 26 10:33:12 CEST 2012

On 09/20/2012 03:54 PM, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> On quarta-feira, 19 de setembro de 2012 12.08.14, Knoll Lars wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'd like to nominate a couple of new maintainers for some parts of Qt
>> currently lacking a maintainer.
>
> Oops, I missed the "I'd like to nominate" part.
>
>> For the kernel subdirectory in Qt Widgets, I'd like to nominate Samuel
>> Roedal. He's been working a lot with the QPA infrastructure and implemented
>> most of the QWidget/QWindow split.
>
>> For accessibility (across all modules) I'd like to nominate Frederik
>> Gladhorn. He's been working a lot with this area over the last years.
>
> I second the nomination for both. Samuel is one of the most dedicated hackers
> I know, having taken the time to explain OpenGL concepts to me on several
> occasions. Frederik has taken one of the least loved yet extremely important
> areas of Qt and run with it for a while. I'd especially like him to be called
> a Maintainer for the accessibility so that he can hammer the rest of us when
> we break it.
>
> As usual, I'd like to hear from both that they are willing to accept the
> rights and responsibilities that come with a maintainership (cf. my other
> email, replying to Marc).

Thorbjørn notified me that I'd forgotten to respond to this thread. My
answer is yes, I would accept the maintainership of the widgets/kernel
subdirectory. I spent some time in there already, transitioning the QPA
port to Qt 5 by implementing the QWidget back-end in terms of QWindow
and QBackingStore.

--
Samuel