[Development] MinGW-builds in CI system (Qt 5)

Koehne Kai Kai.Koehne at digia.com
Wed Oct 31 09:51:00 CET 2012

Hi Janne and Samuli,

Now that the big thing (CI system migration) is done, I'm wondering whether we can get also MinGW into the CI system for Qt 5? It's a Tier 1 platform, so it should really be part of the CI testing. I understand that in the past we didn't do it because the outdated gcc in Mingw caused quite some headache (crashed), but things have improved since then. It's also a somewhat slow platform (mingw32-make -j has still it's quirks because sometimes the debug and release rules touch the same file), but until we fixed that I could imagine we run it e.g. without tests ...

The MinGW distribution we've tested best so far is MinGW-builds:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingwbuilds

MinGW-builds is featuring both a 32 bit and 64 bit compiler package, and ideally we should test both.

Regards

Kai