[Development] About QML depends on opengl

Samuel Rødal samuel.rodal at nokia.com
Tue Sep 4 10:11:02 CEST 2012

On 09/04/2012 09:38 AM, ext song.7.liu at nokia.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are trying to port the mesa. But there is one question related with OpenGL.

Not sure trying to port Mesa to a 300 MHz device is going to give you
acceptable performance. Softpipe would use many seconds to render a
single frame, and last I tested Gallium llvmpipe was quite far away from
running on ARM (if that is your platform), due to lack of JIT support in
the LLVM ARM backend. Granted, that was about a year ago, so things
might have improved, but I'm skeptical. Even with llvmpipe performance
would be bad on a low-end device.

Get proper hardware acceleration, and in the mean-time do your testing
on a device or desktop that already has OpenGL :)

--
Samuel