[Development] Playground project request

Sandro Andrade sandroandrade at kde.org
Sun Sep 9 06:25:48 CEST 2012

Sending again to the mailing list, as suggested.
--
Sandro

On Friday 31 August 2012 21:53:44 you wrote:
> My initial thoughts are "why not!", but can you adhere to the Qt Project's
> CLA as this is part of you PhD?

Yes, we're fine with it. There're no specific licensing expectations about it.
I just wouldn't like to have an eclipse-based tool, it's more a kind of
personal effort.

> The CLA is in place to both protect users of the code, but also to allow
> relicensing of the code so it's usable in commercial projects, where GPL or
> LGPL code would not work.

> I suggest you read the CLA and discuss it with your university first.

Anyway, I've just gone through the CLA. Nothing to be afraid of :)
I and my advisor are somehow used to floss-based academic projects
and there is no parterships with potential conflictings parts.

Do you need some specific information to proceed ?

TIA,
Sandro