[Development] Removing Wacom support in Qt5

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Sun Sep 9 11:54:50 CEST 2012

On domingo, 9 de setembro de 2012 11.39.36, Frank Hemer wrote:
> On Sunday 09 September 2012 11:19:41 Thiago Macieira wrote:
> > What were you referring to when you said "you cannot be serious about
> > that"?
> I refer to the very last part of your statement, citing: 'So there's nothing
> we need to do now.'

I meant that we don't need to do anything to disable it and avoid the problems
that Ariel has been reporting.

> > If you meant that the Qt 5 support is non-existent, I was serious. It's a
> > fact and I wasn't the one who reported it. All of the input method,
> > pointer
> > and window management systems were rewritten for Qt 5 and, apparently,
> > Wacom support on Windows wasn't re-added yet.
>
> I fully understood.
> But its a showstopper for porting to qt5. I actually expected some more
> people to step up ... up to now I didn't realize that wacom support has
> been removed thus I expect to be not the only one who didn't yet realize.

It hasn't been removed as much as the *entire* support for Windows GUI was
rewritten from the scratch. "Incomplete rewrite" is not the same thing as
"removed intentionally".

I agree it should come back -- provided it works and doesn't have the same
problems as in Qt 4. If it's going to be headache again, then maybe we
shouldn't re-add it.