[Development] Git commit hook keywords

Sergio Ahumada san at sansano.inf.utfsm.cl
Sun Sep 16 08:35:08 CEST 2012

Hi,

On 09/16/2012 01:34 AM, Giuseppe D'Angelo wrote:
> On 16 September 2012 00:09,  <simon.hausmann at nokia.com> wrote:
>> Is there an actual hook that triggers when somebody uses Task-number: QTBUG-1234 in a commit message? I am under the impression that at this point it is merely a convention that could be hooked up with Jira in the future.
>
> I think *something* happens. For instance:
>
> https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-23352?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
>
> lists the commits that contained the right Task-number word. But I
> have no idea about who or what is picking up those commit ids and
> putting them into the JIRA task.

If you click "Source" (you need to be logged in) you'll see the SHA1 and
repo associated to that Task-number: QTBUG-23352

I think who does that is a tool called FishEye
http://www.atlassian.com/FishEye

https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-23352?page=com.atlassian.jirafisheyeplugin:fisheye-issuepanel

I wanted to implement a git server hook that posts a comment on JIRA when:

- a change is pushed to Gerrit with a Task-number:
- a change gets merged to Gerrit and contains a Task-number:

https://github.com/hobbs/jirret

Cheers,
--
Sergio Ahumada Navea