[Development] Git commit hook keywords

Laszlo Papp lpapp at kde.org
Sun Sep 16 08:56:36 CEST 2012

On Sun, Sep 16, 2012 at 7:45 AM, Thiago Macieira
<thiago.macieira at intel.com>wrote:

> On domingo, 16 de setembro de 2012 04.54.19, Laszlo Papp wrote:
> > 1) Documentation welcome about such things from a person who well
> > understand those deeply.
>
> As far as I know, "Task-number:" is the keyword.

It would be nice if someone skilled could document this precisely, and also
other relevant keywords if there are any.

> > 2) QTREVIEW-XXX may be worth considering.
>
> Can you explain why and what that is? And why is it not "QTREEVIEW"? And
> why
> do we need one for this class, not for other classes?

1) https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,34906
2) Click on Task-number:
QTBUG-26551<http://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-26551>

You will get to the right place. The idea is that you do not need to paste
a hard coded url which has two drawbacks: it is hard coded, it is not
clickable.

For sure, a relevant previous discussion to a change submitted cannot just
happen on Jira, but also on gerrit. Aforementioned scenario, I would like
to get a clickable url to this change for instance:
https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,31541

People now keep pasting the hard coded link in such situations as far as I
see which is not clickable right away and hard coded. It would be nice if I
could write something like "Review-number: QTREVIEW-31541" or something
like that.

Laszlo