[Development] Qt5 Cmake Scripts: wrong include path or Unnecessary?

Stephen Kelly stephen.kelly at kdab.com
Sun Sep 16 10:33:11 CEST 2012

On Saturday, September 15, 2012 16:19:49 Loaden wrote:
> > It's probably the same. "default" is either a copy or a symlink to the
> > mkspec
> > Qt was compiled with.
>
> On Windows, "default" not a copy neither symlink. It only include an
> qmake.conf

Indeed. This is why you can't include qplatformdefs.h on windows if you use
cmake with Qt 5.

Rather than having the symlink in the include directories, we should have the
mkspec path, but we can't do that until

is fixed.

On Saturday, September 15, 2012 10:36:20 Thiago Macieira wrote:
> > Does we really need qplatformdefs.h for compile Qt-based application?
> > I guess it only used to compile Qt self.
>
> Fortunately, it's only included from private headers, so regular
> applications  will not see it.

* It's qplatformdefs.h, not qplatformdefs_p.h
* The include directory for it is part of QT += core, not core-private

If we want qplatformdefs to be a private header, then we'd have to change both
of those.

I know that's not exactly what you said, but actually I think it's a good
idea.

It is used in kdelibs in a few places.

Thanks,

--