[Development] Git commit hook keywords

Laszlo Papp lpapp at kde.org
Mon Sep 17 14:43:03 CEST 2012

Hmm, perhaps there is a misunderstanding here. I am sorry for that if that
is the case. I would not like to reference to the commit from its commit
message. I would like to reference to other commits from a commit message.
An example for this is:

1) Something changed in Qt5-base which requires further changes in
Qt5-declarative for instance.
2) You would like to provide a link to the qt5-base change in the
qt5-declarative change.

Currently step 2) would include
https://codereview.qt-project.org/<https://codereview.qt-project.org/#q,I9c239ff790a139c7820ef1aeced89d31320ae6b0,n,z>....
which points to the qt5-base change from the qt5-declarative change. It is
hard coded so perhaps a keyword + id would be nicer, but I do not have
strong opinion about this. Was just wondering if that made sense.

Laszlo