[Development] Git commit hook keywords

Oswald Buddenhagen oswald.buddenhagen at nokia.com
Mon Sep 17 16:10:14 CEST 2012

On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 01:43:03PM +0100, ext Laszlo Papp wrote:
> Hmm, perhaps there is a misunderstanding here. I am sorry for that if that
> is the case. I would not like to reference to the commit from its commit
> message. I would like to reference to other commits from a commit message.

the only authoritative reference is the sha1 of an already integrated
commit, so qtbase/12345678990abcdef is the only variant which would get
my support. mentioning other change-ids (without any magic keywords) is
possible, but should not be necessary to make sense out of a commit
message (as gerrit is an optional process-supporting tool which could be
replaced with something better any time. ok, the same could be said
about git sha1, but you have to have *something* which can be used for