[Development] text component seem too weight

liang sd.foolegg at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 10:16:28 CEST 2012

I read the source, every text component has a QTextDocument object,
and it support full-function document layout, It seem too weight for a
text component.

for most time, I just use text component with one-line (or one-word),
like text-label in a video game, It is very simple, and will be made a
mass of instance, every component has a QTextDocument let me feel
serious :[

so, a more light-weight text component seem be fine for some user like
me, any one interest about it?

ps: I has tried to write this component for my usage, but I want use
distence-field, It must use private api, no document and hard to
write, any kindly advice? :P