[Development] Upcoming CI disruptions

Knoll Lars Lars.Knoll at digia.com
Thu Sep 20 12:57:39 CEST 2012

On Sep 20, 2012, at 12:44 PM, Holger Hans Peter Freyther <holger at freyther.de> wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 02:06:05PM +1000, Rohan McGovern wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I am sorry to be the pain here. :}
>

>> In preparation for the transfer of remaining systems from Nokia to
>> Digia, various projects covered by the Qt CI will soon be migrated from
>> Nokia's Pulse infrastructure to a new Jenkins setup.
>
> Will the new Jenkins system be publically visible? E.g. it would be
> interesting to get more than just the build log in case the integration
> fails.
>
> Will it be possible to add further nodes to this system? E.g. I am still
> running my FreeBSD and Linux MIPS EL nodes (build tests).

Both is something we'd like to have and one of the reasons for switching over to Jenkins. But bear with us, currently it's challenging enough to do the transfer and keep the whole system working at the same time.

> Will the (admin) access to this jenkins be limited to people at Digia?

That will depend on the setup we will manage to come up with. Also here it would be good to open this up further, but that still requires quite a bit of work to make it possible.

Cheers,
Lars