[Development] Nested namespaces and syncqt

Sandro Andrade sandroandrade at kde.org
Wed Sep 19 20:27:53 CEST 2012

Hi,

I'm developing a qt-based implementation of an OMG specification with
defines a number of
classes in different (nested) namespaces. I'd be nice to have the
implementation as close as possible
to the spec. For that purpose, headers would be included like:

#include <QtMyModule/Outernamespace/Innernamespace/QMyClass>

Module's .pro just defines headers in a dir structure that mimics namespaces:

TARGET = QtMyModule

HEADERS += \
    Outernamespace/Innernamespace/qmyclass.h

SOURCES += \
    Outernamespace/Innernamespace/qmyclass.cpp

So, the questions are :)

1) It seems there are no qt modules currently using nested namespaces.
Would that make
my module looks somehow non qt-ish ? It'd be nice if we could have a
more direct mapping
between spec and implementation.

2) Provided nested namespaces are fine, how do I instruct syncqt to
generate iheaders
preserving original sources dir structure ? Currently iheaders are all
generated in qtbase/
include/QtMyModule/, regardless their original place in source's dir
structure. I have no
INSTALLS directives in my .pro file.

Thanks in advance,
--