[Development] [Releasing] Beta 2 release

Stephen Chu stephen at ju-ju.com
Thu Sep 20 21:05:26 CEST 2012

On 9/20/12 8:45 AM, Knoll Lars wrote:
> To be able to understand the quality of the beta better, we will need
> some help from everybody. Have a look at the Qt 5 bug statistics at
> https://bugreports.qt-project.org/secure/Dashboard.jspa?selectPageId=11712 .
> As you can see we currently have very few Blockers (P1) and only some
> P1's. But there are close to 400 bugs in there that aren't yet
> evaluated. It would be good if all Maintainers and Approvers could help
> and do their share to evaluate these bugs, so that we better know what
> remains to be done for the second beta. Once that's done, further work
> should focus around fixing the high priority bugs found.

I am not a maintainer but I like to nominate this bug as a blocker:
<https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-27221>

And also this one for consideration:
<https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-27198>

The event handling on Mac is pretty messed up and these two are probably
both the result of it. I don't think Qt 5 is shippable, at lease on Mac,
before this is sorted out.