[Development] Greetings from RIM and from Qt on BlackBerry 10

Leandro Melo de Sales leandroal at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 21:24:48 CEST 2012

Dear Vladimir,
   I'm very glad to read all your words. I'm dedicating much time to use,
test and develop Qt based apps for PlayBook and BB 10. I will be next week
in San Jose for the BlackBerry Jam American and I will participate of the
meeting on monday for members of BlackBerry MVP (Elite Program). Will you
be there too? I have been working with Thomas McGuide from KDAB mainly
using and providing feedbacks in the QtMultimedia module, while recently I
have decided to contribute to the BlackBerry plugin in QtMultimedia and
other modules (note read yet). Maybe we can meet in San Jose and discuss
more about this.
   In addition, although you mentioned that it is not possible to use Qt in
PlayBook, I suppose you said natively, right? because I developed the
UPnPlayer (available the the app world) totally based on Qt / QtQuick and I
just had to include all the necessary Qt libs with the .bar file. Is there
any idea when PlayBook will get all of this library? another more important
question is: when Qt5 will be available for BB 10? I have run my Qt4/Qt5
based apps in both PlayBook and BB 10 successfully, but I have to include
the libs inside the bar file (around 10MB).
   Thanks for your team too and please continue doing the great work.

Br,
Leandro.

--
Leandro Melo de Sales
Professor at Institute of Computing (IC) at Federal University of Alagoas

"The warrior is strong in loyalty, intensity, determination, initiative,
persistence, courage and willpower. The warrior is light in the soul,
self-trust and compassion. The warrior is often called to take the front
when other cowardly make a step backwards. There are warriors on the
battlefields and in everyday life."