[Development] What's with bugreports.qt-project.org?

Ziller Eike Eike.Ziller at digia.com
Thu Sep 27 08:33:19 CEST 2012

On 26.09.2012, at 13:16, Thiago Macieira wrote:

On quarta-feira, 26 de setembro de 2012 14.28.46, Иван Комиссаров wrote:
What i'm trying to say, 3 years ago Jira was used at least - qt devs were
looking at it, testing if bug reproduces, asked to provide more info
sometimes. Now there's COMPLETE silence.

Considering I fixed a bug yesterday, your assertion that it's complete silence
is wrong.

To get away from personal impressions, Created vs Resolved Chart for Qt says:

Issues: 977 created and 971 resolved
during the last 90 days

(you can see that by going to Issues > Search for Issues, select Qt from the projects, press Search, Views > Charts > Created vs Resolved, and tweak the parameters)

Understand the circumstances:
1) we're trying to release Qt 5.0. Most of the issues reported in the past
are of lower priority than the release or no longer relevant (yours, for
example, needs to be re-tested in Qt 5)

2) never will we fix all bugs, it's just not practically possible given the
manpower and the number of submitters. It's only got worse because we no
longer have a dedicated support team for all of Qt, we've lost people very
recently and there's more attention than there used to.

--
Thiago Macieira - thiago.macieira (AT) intel.com<http://intel.com>