[Development] What's with bugreports.qt-project.org?

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Wed Sep 26 13:16:52 CEST 2012

On quarta-feira, 26 de setembro de 2012 14.28.46, Иван Комиссаров wrote:
> What i'm trying to say, 3 years ago Jira was used at least - qt devs were
> looking at it, testing if bug reproduces, asked to provide more info
> sometimes. Now there's COMPLETE silence.

Considering I fixed a bug yesterday, your assertion that it's complete silence
is wrong.

Understand the circumstances:
 1) we're trying to release Qt 5.0. Most of the issues reported in the past
are of lower priority than the release or no longer relevant (yours, for
example, needs to be re-tested in Qt 5)

 2) never will we fix all bugs, it's just not practically possible given the
manpower and the number of submitters. It's only got worse because we no
longer have a dedicated support team for all of Qt, we've lost people very
recently and there's more attention than there used to.