[Development] Code coverage statistics online

Sébastien Fricker fricker at froglogic.com
Thu Sep 27 10:15:22 CEST 2012

> Overall the coverage was less than I expected, so I started reading the
> source files list starting from lowest coverage and found some surprising
>results, e.g. qmimedata.cpp 0% coverage, qsettings.cpp nearly 0%
> coverage although I know there are tests for these.
> In the execution list at
> http://download.froglogic.com/public/qt5-squishcoco-report/libQtCore.so.5.0.0.html <http://download.froglogic.com/public/qt5-squishcoco-report/libQtCore.so.5.0.0.html>
> indeed it seems that tst_QSettings, tst_QMimeData are missing from the
> list :(  I suppose there are others missing too. Any idea what might
> have caused them to be excluded from the results?

If the tests are not present it can be:
 1) the unit tests are not compiling.
 2) the unit tests are not instrumented (should not be the case if part of QtBase)
 3) make check does not execute the unit test.
 4) results are not collected

Let me have a look on it.

Rohan, this analysis is the first one provided, and I you know better than everybody that
maintaining the test suite is not an easy job.
That's why it is important that if something is not correct that the community report it.
This is the only way to get accurate measurements.

Sébastien