[Development] OSX: building against the 10.6 SDK with Qt 5.1?

Tor Arne Vestbø tor.arne.vestbo at digia.com
Wed Apr 3 10:12:22 CEST 2013

On 4/2/13 23:46 , Josh Faust wrote:
> I've created https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-30487
>
> I can provide a tarball of the 10.6 SDK for anyone who needs it to test.
> It's semi-painful to extract from an old version of xcode.

Building against the 10.6 SDK relies on the Xcode version you're using
providing a 10.6 SDK. Xcode 4.5 and 4.6 does not. Manually copying the
10.6 SDK from an older Xcode version into 4.6 will not work.

Note that the deployment target is still 10.6, so your code will run on
10.6 even if you're building on 10.8 against the 10.8 (latest) SDK.

The question is why you want to build against the 10.6 SDK?

tor arne