[Development] OSX: building against the 10.6 SDK with Qt 5.1?

Josh Faust jfaust at suitabletech.com
Wed Apr 3 20:10:22 CEST 2013

> The question is why you want to build against the 10.6 SDK?

Because it's recommended across the internet as the only way to
compile-time check that you're only using 10.6 APIs (and, despite what you
say, it does generally work). We started building Qt with it because
various configuration options can make Qt build binaries that are
incompatible with 10.6 (such as building with clang, which always uses
libc++, which is not available on 10.6).

Now that we have the correct configure options I guess we can rely on the
minimum version, but it's painful finding out only at runtime that the
version you built is actually not 10.6 compatible.

Josh