[Development] Switch of MinGW toolchain for Qt 5.1

Soroush R soroush.rabiei at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 20:35:24 CEST 2013

On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 2:20 PM, Axel Waggershauser <awagger at gmail.com>wrote:

> In light of the recent mentioning of gcc's switch to DWARF4 from
> DWARF2 with version 4.8, which should help get down the size of debug
> builds, I am very much for giving the 4.8.0 option a try.
>
> Cheers,
>   Axel

Hi

I compiled Qt 5.0.1 for x86_64 with GCC 4.8 seh-enabled. Everything looks
fine here (auto-tests of framework all pass successfully except some
irrelevant or unsupported tests.)

For those who are interested, I released my Qt compiles
here<http://sourceforge.net/p/eboqt/wiki/Home/>

My PC is compiling Qt fo x86 with a dwarf4-enabled MinGW distro right now.
I'll upload it when completed. I can't see any reason to avoid using DWARF
on windows, except crashes on exceptions from outside; which I have no idea
when and why should happen. May be an exception thrown from any third-party
library (say mysqlcliend) which is not compiled with dwarf...

Cheers