[Development] Switch of MinGW toolchain for Qt 5.1

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Fri Apr 5 01:54:41 CEST 2013

On quinta-feira, 4 de abril de 2013 23.05.24, Soroush R wrote:
> My PC is compiling Qt fo x86 with a dwarf4-enabled MinGW distro right now.
> I'll upload it when completed. I can't see any reason to avoid using DWARF
> on windows, except crashes on exceptions from outside; which I have no idea
> when and why should happen. May be an exception thrown from any third-party
> library (say mysqlcliend) which is not compiled with dwarf...

For Qt code, that is not relevant. We don't let exceptions travel through
Win32 kernel code and we do not interface with other C++ libraries that throw
exceptions. We only call C code and we expect that code to behave under the
rules of C: no exceptions thrown. (except for cancellation points)

However, that doesn't mean the user application's code doesn't do that. For
that reason, it's important that we provide them with a compiler that is as
fully-capable as possible.