[Development] qt-5.0.1 incorrect ..._install_prefix cmake vars ?

Stephen Kelly stephen.kelly at kdab.com
Thu Apr 11 11:26:22 CEST 2013

On Wednesday, April 10, 2013 17:35:19 Rex Dieter wrote:
> > Please try the attached instead. I can't update the patch in gerrit until
> > it finishes integrating.
>
> confirmed, test passes now.  thanks again.

Great. If you do run the tests from the build tree during packaging before
installation, please report how that works out.

Also note that on Windows and Mac Qt 5.0.0 did not ship CMake config files due
to a bug in the installation logic, even though they were generated in the
build tree and the unit tests passed in the Qt CI system.

So, even if the cmake unit tests pass when run using the build tree, bugs can
still cause installed packages not to work. Even if you run the tests on the
build tree as part of packaging, you should *also* run them on the
installation tree for sanity checking.

Thanks,

--
Stephen Kelly <stephen.kelly at kdab.com> | Software Engineer