[Development] Updating third-parties

Knight Andrew Andrew.Knight at digia.com
Fri Apr 12 09:16:36 CEST 2013

On 4/5/13 12:45 PM, "Axel Waggershauser" <awag... at gmail.com> wrote:
>Sorry for the noise, I have to correct myself again :-(.... There is
>no chrome_m26 branch. The last one prior to chrome_m27 is chrome_m24
>and that one does not contain the above mentioned fix for the warning.
>Hence, chrome_m27 (which does contain the fix) would be my suggestion.

FYI, ANGLE has been updated in stable & dev to the dx11-MRT-support tag (from the dx11proto branch). As per https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/angleproject/DD5eDCJEvX0, this is needed if we want to enable D3D11 support (which is required for WinRT). This should also make updating ANGLE easier the next time around, as dx11proto is expected to become trunk at some point.

Anyway, this shouldn't affect "traditional" ANGLE users (apart from fixing old bugs or potentially introducing new ones) as the default configuration still uses DirectX 9 rendering. Pass -angle-d3d11 to configure to use the D3D11 renderer if you feel like trying it out.

Andrew Knight
Senior Consultant - Digia, Qt