[Development] Network test server for Ubuntu 12.04 x64 available for Puppet - test version

Sébastien Fricker fricker at froglogic.com
Thu Apr 25 20:58:23 CEST 2013

On 25.04.13 18:35, Richard Moore wrote:
> On 25 April 2013 16:05, Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com> wrote:
>> On quinta-feira, 25 de abril de 2013 11.10.56, Diego Iastrubni wrote:

>>> Do you want the cake, or the recipe? This is a FOSS community, we want the
>>> recipe :)
> The more serious issue with a pre-built image is keeping it updated.
> The puppet scripts will do that automatically. The test server isn't
> (or at least should not be) static, as new features and tests can
> require new services etc. be added. If a VM image was provided it
> would become out of date, and needed to be redownloaded etc.
>
> Regards
>
> Rich.

I agree, but I setup for 6 months also this test server and it took me a
day before it was working. (there was a problem with the puppet version
that I was using)
Having VM image  would make the test environment more plug and play.

But may be when I will update my test VM with the newest version of the
test server, I could publish it.
I would only need an server which will host the file...
Sébastien