[Development] Qt5 combined source package - Perl dependency

Friedemann Kleint Friedemann.Kleint at digia.com
Fri Apr 26 16:57:23 CEST 2013

Hi,

 >One of the most commented problems has been Perl dependency,
especially on Windows.

I have to admit I do not really see the point of it as long as QtWebKit
requires Ruby and Python. In my view, requiring a scripting language it
is acceptable as long as a single, unified language is used. Most
projects on Windows require scripting languages for test automation,
packaging, etc.

For people building from git on Windows, the Perl problem will disappear
in the moment the msysgit project decides to update the outdated Perl
version it ships (currently 5.8 or so, which currently has problems with
syncqt). This would make Perl an ideal candidate.

Regards,
Friedemann

--
Friedemann Kleint