[Development] Qt5 combined source package - Perl dependency

Oswald Buddenhagen oswald.buddenhagen at digia.com
Tue Apr 30 17:24:29 CEST 2013

On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 08:12:36AM -0700, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> On terça-feira, 30 de abril de 2013 11.00.11, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> > ones can simply delete include/ (and configure.exe) from the extracted
> > source tree,
>
> They have to know that those exist in the first place and should be deleted.

if they care for cryptographic verification of the files, they'll also
find this information.

> > and thus start as if they got the sources from git (as projected
> > now, they'd need a "git init" to trick the build system into
> > believing it's a real git build. that could be rectified by adding a
> > -git-build option to configure).
>
> Can we do it somehow less magically? Isn't there a way to do it if it
> needs to be done, and not do it if it doesn't need to be done?

no, because latest on the second in-source build it would not be
necessary any more, thus messing up the expectations of those who want a
rebuild.

i don't see why we should optimize for the use case of an absolute
corner group. even the configure switch is too much imo (putting it into
the batch file would be ugly, because we don't do proper command line
parsing there).