[Development] QtCS - QtDBus discussion

Andreas Hartmetz ahartmetz at gmail.com
Mon Aug 5 13:17:32 CEST 2013

On Monday 29 July 2013 19:35:14 David Faure wrote:
> On Monday 29 July 2013 08:22:38 Thiago Macieira wrote:
> > On segunda-feira, 29 de julho de 2013 11:56:34, Alberto Mardegan wrote:
> > > Do you have any links for ahartmetz's marshaller?
> >
> > Not yet.
>
> AFAIK they're part of the great dbus GUI monitor that he wrote at
> git://anongit.kde.org/scratch/ahartmetz/d-sel.git

Specifically in serialization/

If you look closely you will see that the classes there aren't safe to
copy so you need to pass them around by pointer. I know about that.
I'll either make them noncopyable or safe to copy.
Otherwise they *should* work without bugs.
Message routing (sending a received reply to the right place, including
the right thread) and introspection I'm currently working on.
There are somewhat extensive tests and there's real-world use in the
form of the monitor application.

> (Note that the GUI monitor, dselrig, is only built if you install
> libtinyxml2, by hand on most distros).

It is shipped with Ubuntu, though. Great little library, small, fast
(going  as far as using memory pools), easy to use :)