[Development] qmlbundle vs Qt Resource System

Nicolás Alvarez nicolas.alvarez at gmail.com
Thu Aug 8 20:09:12 CEST 2013

2013/8/8 Alan Alpert <416365416c at gmail.com>:
> On Thu, Aug 8, 2013 at 12:25 AM, Koehne Kai <Kai.Koehne at digia.com> wrote:
>> - rcc can optionally compress the content (on by default).
>
> Because qmlbundle is intended to decrease the startup time of QML
> applications, the lack of this feature is probably intentional. I
> doubt the overhead of decompression is less than the overhead of

Don't take that for granted, unless you have benchmarked it. For
example, the UPX documentation says: "Depending on the statistics of
usage and access, and the relative speeds of CPU, RAM, swap space,
/tmp, and file system storage, then invoking and running a compressed
executable can be faster than directly running the corresponding
uncompressed program. The operating system might perform fewer
expensive I/O operations to invoke the compressed program."

--
Nicolás