[Development] qmlbundle vs Qt Resource System

Olivier Goffart olivier at woboq.com
Thu Aug 8 20:18:00 CEST 2013

On Thursday 08 August 2013 08:59:26 Alan Alpert wrote:
> I don't know specifically about why it wasn't built on top of QRC, but
> my guess is the performance cost. qmlbundle is more intended as a
> performance optimization for deployed applications than a deployment
> optimization, unlike QRC which just happens to make some deployed apps
> faster.

My wild impression would be that it is just the NIH syndrome, as with many
other things inside the core of QML.

If QRC was not fast enough, it could most likely have been improved with very
little changes to fit the requirement. They could have improved it, or asked
for it to be improved.  We are in the same team, are we not?

--
Olivier

Woboq - Qt services and support - http://woboq.com - http://code.woboq.org