[Development] Building a QtAddon from git

Christian Gagneraud chgans at gna.org
Sat Aug 10 15:16:43 CEST 2013

Hi,

I have been using qt5 stable git branch for a while now, and it's
relatively easy to update and rebuild.
However, I would like to build a couple of QtAddons, of which qtjsonstream.
When pulled from git this module comes with a pro file that just
contains 1 line: "load(qt_parts)"
I tried naively to add this addon to my qt5 tree by doing:
- move qtjsonstream directory into qt5 dir
- add "addModule(qtjsonstream, qtbase)" in qt.pro
- mkdir build
- cd build; ../configure [...]
- make

But unfortunately qtjsonstream didn't get built, if i cd into
qt5/build/qtjsonstream and issue a make command, i get the following error:
  krys at linux-z8sp:~/local/qt5/build/qtjsonstream> make
cd src/ && ( test -e Makefile ||
/home/krys/local/qt5/build/qtbase/bin/qmake
/home/krys/local/qt5/qtjsonstream/src/src.pro -o Makefile ) && make -f
Makefile
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/krys/local/qt5/build/qtjsonstream/src'
cd jsonstream/ && ( test -e Makefile ||
/home/krys/local/qt5/build/qtbase/bin/qmake
/home/krys/local/qt5/qtjsonstream/src/jsonstream/jsonstream.pro -o
Makefile ) && make -f Makefile
Project ERROR: Module does not define version.
make[1]: *** [sub-jsonstream-make_first] Error 3
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/krys/local/qt5/build/qtjsonstream/src'
make: *** [sub-src-make_first] Error 2

I would like to add qlogger to my build too, but ran into similar
problems ...

Any hint or point out appreciated,
Chris