[Development] epoll event dispatcher

Justin Karneges justin at affinix.com
Sun Aug 11 01:49:09 CEST 2013

On 08/09/2013 01:39 AM, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> another consideration is that it is utterly unlikely that the event
> loop's ability to efficiently process hundreds of sockets is of any
> relevance to qt.

FWIW, I use Qt on a server and expect to be able to use many sockets. It
is built with glib there, which defers this whole conversation to
whatever glib does, which AFAICT is poll(). My use of Qt eventing
facilities is minimal. Only QSocketNotifier and QTimer. Not even
QTcpSocket. I hope this means I can support thousands of sockets
efficiently?

Justin