[Development] QApplication startup is a lot slower in Qt5 than Qt4

Jiergir Ogoerg f35f22fan at gmail.com
Mon Aug 12 20:59:18 CEST 2013

Thanks, I installed both binary and from source qt 5.1.1 that was announced
half a day ago on this mailing list and get same results: qt4 "QApplication
app(argc, argv)" executes 2-3 times faster on same computer than Qt5.

What are _your_ numbers on this issue and what OS are you using if not a
secret? I'm asking because maybe it's an Ubuntu issue, I used Ubuntu amd64
13.04 and 13.10 daily.