[Development] Review process: when should I merge to staging?

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Mon Aug 12 21:26:34 CEST 2013

On segunda-feira, 12 de agosto de 2013 12:58:19, Josh Faust wrote:
> The Gerrit page says:
> "By default, changes required +2 for Code Review and +1 for Sanity Review
> categories to be approved"
>
> That's what is required by the review system, but what is desired? If I've
> added multiple people to the review (or others have added themselves),
> should I wait for all (or most) of them to approve?

Unless it's controversial, or it's complex and you want to be absolutely sure,
or one of the approvers asked for a second opinion, you can go ahead.

Usually, multiple approvals are required for changes touching multiple parts
of the code, where no one single person feels comfortable with approving the
whole lot. That's why I strongly advise that you make smaller changes, which
can be approved by a single individual.