[Development] Review process: when should I merge to staging?

Alan Alpert 416365416c at gmail.com
Mon Aug 12 22:26:19 CEST 2013

On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 11:58 AM, Josh Faust <jfaust at suitabletech.com> wrote:
> The Gerrit page says:
> "By default, changes required +2 for Code Review and +1 for Sanity Review
> categories to be approved"
>
> That's what is required by the review system, but what is desired? If I've
> added multiple people to the review (or others have added themselves),
> should I wait for all (or most) of them to approve?
>
> Specifically: https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,62093

Thiago covered it expertly, but I'd also suggest giving it some more
time if specific other reviewers have expressed interest in it (such
as by repeated comments). In a case like this one, where it has been
entirely a dialogue with the person who +2'd it, no waiting period
seems necessary.

I noticed this morning that I forgot to +1 sanity review when I
approved it. If the sanity bot comments have been covered in the
discussion already, like in that patch, just go ahead and +1 sanity
review it yourself if it has +2 code review. The -1 ratings from the
sanity bot do not require a separate approver to override, it's just
raising a red flag that should be addressed in the review before it's
given +2.

--
Alan Alpert