[Development] Bugzy Super Tuesday - August 13

Linaae Hanne Hanne.Linaae at digia.com
Tue Aug 13 09:23:05 CEST 2013

Hi,

If you already know what I am talking about, no need to read on. If not, I'd like to invite you to join. :)

'Bugzy Super Tuesday' at Digia means that we focus on bug triaging every Tuesday. We would greatly appreciate if if more people working on and with Qt would join us.

The idea is that we every Tuesday go through and triage the bugs we can, to this way keep the Qt bug situation under control. As you can see from https://bugreports.qt-project.org/secure/Dashboard.jspa?selectPageId=11910, quite a few bugs get fixed on Tuesdays too.

Please take a look at: https://bugreports.qt-project.org/issues/?filter=14120 and see if what you can do to help out, and ask on IRC (#qt-labs at freenode) if you have questions.

Maintainers and Approvers might find it a good idea to dedicate some time every Tuesday to join in?

Anyone is however more the welcome to help us triage bugs. As people have mentioned before, we still need to make some guidance page for this. For now, KDE's instructions might be useful: http://techbase.kde.org/Contribute/Bugsquad/Guide_To_BugTriaging#Workflow_of_the_bug_triaging_activity
Anyone can comment on a bug. If you need to do more, you can ask for triaging rights (as of now, see the thread "Bug management and jira workflow" on this
mailing list). The plan is of course to have a wiki-page with information about bug triaging moving on.

We also have a bunch of CI test failures that need looking at. See: http://qt-project.org/wiki/CI_Failing_Tests/ for the list over most failing tests. If it is easy to fix, please do. If you just have some comments that might help resolve the issue, feel free to create a related Jira task, and list the task id on the wiki page.

Happy BugzDay,
Hanne

----
Hanne Linaae