[Development] [Feature Request] Websockets

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Wed Aug 14 18:31:15 CEST 2013

On Wednesday 14 August 2013 17:54:55 Kurt Pattyn wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I opensourced a Qt based module that implements the web socket protocol. The
> repository can be found here: https://github.com/KurtPattyn/QWebSockets. I
> have 2 questions:
> 1. Is there any interest in adding this to Qt?
> 2. If so, should this be added to QtNetwork or is a add-on preferred?

/me as the quasi-maintainer of QWebChannel [1] would like to see a proper
solution in Qt to use instead of my homebrewn server implementation for the
very specific usecase I have there.

That said, I do think that many people might benefit from a Qt websocket. It's
certainly better for many usecases than raw sockets.

[1]: http://qt.gitorious.org/~milianw/qt-labs/milianws-qwebchannel

--
Milian Wolff
mail at milianw.de