[Development] [Feature Request] Websockets

Peter Hartmann phartmann at blackberry.com
Wed Aug 14 18:32:08 CEST 2013

Hello,

thanks for the effort!

On 08/14/2013 05:54 PM, Kurt Pattyn wrote:
> (...)
> 1. Is there any interest in adding this to Qt?

yes, please :)

> 2. If so, should this be added to QtNetwork or is a add-on preferred?

My first impression is that it is not extensively used by big sites
(yet), is it? So I would rather go for an add-on for now, but I am of
course open to be convinced otherwise.

Also apparently the API is rather big (5 classes with lots of methods),
so adding it as an add-on (first) might be something to consider as
well, in case we want to change the API even after the review or so...

Peter