[Development] [Feature Request] Websockets

Matt Broadstone mbroadst at gmail.com
Thu Aug 15 17:41:39 CEST 2013

On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 11:54 AM, Kurt Pattyn <pattyn.kurt at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I opensourced a Qt based module that implements the web socket protocol.
> The repository can be found here:
> https://github.com/KurtPattyn/QWebSockets.
> I have 2 questions:
> 1. Is there any interest in adding this to Qt?
> 2. If so, should this be added to QtNetwork or is a add-on preferred?

Perhaps it would be best to have something like a qtprotocols addon. I'm
also interested in maybe getting qjsonrpc pushed upstream to the
qt-project, there has been some interest in the community and I think it
could benefit from more eyes on it. I'm also in the process of writing a
somewhat more streamlined STOMP client for qt that could live there as
well.

Thoughts?
Matt