[Development] Unable to debug with Remote inspector

Amogh Kudari amogh.kudari5 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 19 12:38:46 CEST 2013

Hi Group,

            I have a QWebview application(I am using Qt 4.8.x) using which
I launch a test URL(Test html app). Now I am trying to use remote inspector
to debug the html application using http://localhost:9999 from chrome
browser. When I do this, I get the link to URL which was launched using
QWebview. But on clicking this link I am getting error saying "
Oops! This link appears to be broken.
"

Below is the code of my application and test html page.

*Qt Application*
*
*
#include <QtGui>
#include <QWebView>

QApplication *qapp;
QWebView *qwview;

int main(int argc, char const *argv[])
{
    qapp = new QApplication(argc,(char **)argv);
    qwview = new QWebView;

    QString defaultFontFamily = "DejaVu Sans";
   if(!defaultFontFamily.isEmpty()) {

 QWebSettings::globalSettings()->setFontFamily(QWebSettings::StandardFont,
defaultFontFamily);
   }
    qwview->load(QUrl("file:///E:/testhtml.html"));
    qwview->showFullScreen();
    qwview ->page()->setProperty("_q_webInspectorServerPort",9999);
    qapp->exec();
    return 0;
}

*HTMLAPP*

<!DOCTYPE html>
<h1>My First Heading</h1>

How can I resolve this.
Please give your valuable inputs/suggestions.

Thanks and Regards,
Amogh.